Increase font size
Decrease font size
Outside scholarships and awards, including tuition benefits from a parent’s employer, must be reported each year.
- DO NOT REPORT awards that already appear on your Financial Aid Award in ConnectCarolina for the Aid Year for which you are reporting.
- DO NOT REPORT the same award more than once in a single aid year. If your outside scholarship is renewable for future years, you will need to report it to our office each year.
- DO NOT REPORT awards from:
- UNC campus departments (the department will report them to us)
- The Morehead-Cain or Robertson Scholars
- the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA); click here for a complete list of NCSEAA programs
- College-Sponsored National Merit
- the North Carolina Teaching Fellows
- AmeriCorps National Service
- Certain federal Veteran’s Benefits; click here for a complete list of exceptions
Once you have entered your award(s), please allow time for processing. Typically, your award will appear on your Financial Aid Awards list in your ConnectCarolina Student Center within a week or two.
If you later find out that you will not receive a reported award or discover that you made an error, please email email@example.com and we will revise your financial aid accordingly.
Please note: If your outside scholarship is renewable for future years, you will need to report it to our office each year.