Under federal law, a percentage of aid applicants are asked to provide additional documentation, known as verification, each year. If you are selected, this does not mean there is a problem with your application.
- We begin to process returning students aid applications in January each year. If we need additional documentation, you will receive an email notifying you of items on your ‘To Do’ list in Connect Carolina. Access the ‘To Do’ list in the Student Center on the right side and click ‘Financial Aid Items’ for additional information.
- During times of high volume we ask that you allow up to three weeks for additional documents to be processed and reviewed. The item will show as received in your ‘To-Do’ list once it has been processed, and complete once it has been reviewed.
Examples of documents that may be requested:
- Prior-Prior Year Tax Returns
- Verification Worksheet
- Household Size Information
- Asset Information
- Selective Service Registration Confirmation
- Citizenship Documentation