Under federal law, a percentage of aid applicants are asked to provide additional documentation, known as verification, each year. If you are selected, this does not mean there is a problem with your application.
- Once you are admitted, we will begin to process your aid application. If we need additional documentation, you will receive an email notifying you of items on your ‘To-Do’ list in Connect Carolina.
- Access the ‘To Do’ list in the Student Center on the right side and click ‘Financial Aid Items’ for additional information.
- We will not collect verification documents before students are admitted, and we do not use the College Board IDOC system to collect requested documentation.
Examples of documents that may be requested:
- Prior-Prior Year Tax Returns
- Verification Worksheet
- Household Size Information
- Asset Information
- Selective Service Registration Confirmation
- Citizenship Documentation