Under federal law, a percentage of aid applicants are asked to provide additional documentation, known as verification, each year. If you are selected, this does not mean there is a problem with your application.
- Once you are admitted, we will begin to process your aid application. If we need additional documentation, you will receive an email notifying you of items on your ‘To Do’ list in Connect Carolina. Access the ‘To Do’ list in the Student Center on the right side and click ‘Financial Aid Items’ for additional information.
- We will not collect verification documents before students are admitted, and we do not use the College Board IDOC system to collect requested documentation.
Examples of documents that may be requested:
- Prior-Prior Year Tax Returns
- Verification Worksheet
- Household Size Information
- Asset Information
- Selective Service Registration Confirmation
- Citizenship Documentation