If you plan to attend summer school before your first full-time semester at Carolina, financial aid may be available for you. The summer is considered a part of the prior academic year, so you’ll need to complete an earlier FAFSA to be considered.
Applying for summer aid:
- Accept your admission to Carolina and submit your deposit (if required)
- Contact the Admissions Office to let them know you’d like to enroll in the first and/or second summer sessions at Carolina. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enroll in at least two credit hours in either summer term.
- Submit the 2019-20 FAFSA before May 15.
- Check your official UNC email for updates or requests for additional information.
Your summer aid offer could change if your enrollment status changes. Dropping hours before or after the start of the summer session may result in repayment of financial aid, including funds already disbursed to you.