Change in Financial Situation
Sometimes your financial situation may change after you submit your application for aid. We want your aid to best reflect your current situation, so if you have had a sudden change, you may want to submit a Need Analysis Review. We will not be able to complete the review until you have received the initial financial aid offer based on your application.
The following circumstances may necessitate a need analysis review:
- Job loss (you must wait 10-weeks from the time of job loss to submit a review form)
- Significant change in income
- Divorce or separation (living in separate houses)
- Death of a parent
- Change in untaxed income (such as discontinuing child support)
- Extraordinary medical expenses that are not reimbursed by insurance
If circumstances that have led to a sudden and dramatic change in financial need are not listed here, please reach out to our office, and we can help determine if your aid should be reconsidered.
We want to be sure that you have the ability to cover your expenses while you are attending school. Therefore, if you feel like your budget doesn’t match your expenses, please let us know. Some examples of situations where you may feel as though you don’t have enough aid budgeted could be:
- Housing Expenses
- Child Care Expenses
- Health Insurance Costs
- Book Expenses that exceed the budgeted amount
Please be aware that an increase in your budget may result in additional borrowing eligibility. We ask that you make careful budgeting decisions to not have to increase borrowing if necessary.