The summer is considered a part of the prior academic year, so you’ll need to complete a 2020-21 FAFSA to be considered for summer 2021 if you haven’t yet done so.
Applying for Summer Aid
- Completing your FAFSA by May 15 means you will automatically be considered for summer financial aid.
- You must enroll in at least 1.5 credit hours in either summer session and meet regular aid eligibility standards.
- Check your UNC email and monitor your ConnectCarolina ‘To-Do’ list for any additional requests in case we need more information to complete your aid application. Notifications for summer aid will begin in mid-April.
- Summer aid awards for graduate and professional students are Unsubsidized Direct Loans. If you borrowed the annual Unsubsidized Direct Loan maximum during the fall or spring semester, you will not be eligible to borrow an Unsubsidized Direct Loan during the summer term. If you need additional funds, you may apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan. You may also choose to apply for private loans.
- Dental or pharmacy students are automatically considered for summer financial aid as indicated above. If you anticipate extraordinary costs associated with performing your rotation, you may submit a request to be considered for additional loans.