Increase font size
Decrease font size

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study Program allows eligible students to earn part of their financial aid through employment on campus or in community service agencies. Students approved for Work-Study can apply for approved jobs that suit their interests, skills, and career plans. The U.S. Department of Education  provides general information about Federal Work-Study.

Students who receive Federal Work-Study will receive instructions for searching and applying for campus jobs. Students may begin contacting the hiring department and scheduling interviews during the first week of classes.

If you prefer to take out a loan instead of accepting a work-study position, fill out the Federal Work-Study to Loan form. We’ll let you know if it’s possible to make an adjustment.

If you are a graduate or professional student and with to participate in work-study, please email a request from your UNC account to work-study@unc.edu.